The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit 'what we do' to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our growing Research Support and Administration team.
The Research Support and Administration team works in collaboration with the Academic Project Operations team, and the heads of academic programs to provide overall administrative and research services support.
The Administration Assistant will provide administration support across the Cardiometabolic cluster including Renal, Cardiovascular, Neurological and Mental Health programs of work, and the Respiratory Group.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Managing incoming enquiries, emails and requests for information relating to the Program Heads, Research and Academic and Project Operations teams
- Maintaining effective time management and organisation of the work conducted by the Program Heads, Research and Academic and Project Operations teams
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations, reports, grant applications and publications
- Maintaining and updating Program Heads' curriculum vitae, lists of publications and other academic contributions on the program and portfolio management system
- Preparing, providing support and attending various meetings
- Undertaking designated administrative duties, including travel arrangements, financial payments, budget monitoring and expense reimbursements
- Implementing appropriate filing and other office procedures to facilitate highly organised and smoothly functioning teams
- Building effective working relationships and providing high level customer service to staff and external clients
- Assisting new starters - integrating and inducting them into the organisation
- Assisting and working closely with the wider administration teamwork across the organisation, to ensure smooth and effective workflow processes, task delegation, providing reception relief as required and ongoing achievement of identified tasks
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant qualifications in business, administration and/or 5 years’ experience in an administration role
- Demonstrated time management and organisation skills
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint)
- Demonstrated ability to work with business and commercially sensitive information, whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in different work environments (i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous work environments
- Ability to evaluate and recommend changes to existing processes and procedures for greater effect
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to work across several teams and managing own workload
- Experience working in a fast-paced Australian medical or scientific research environment
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 18th April 2021. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.