2018 Workshop for the Design and Statistical Analysis of Clinical Studies
Course Commences: Sunday September 16, 2018 8:00am
Course Concludes: Monday September 17, 2018 17:00pm
Gehua Kaiyuan hotel, No. 19 Gulouwai Street, Chaoyang district, Beijing, China
RMB 3,000 for one-day training
RMB 5,000 for two-day training
Fee includes costs for lecturing, certificate, and refreshments during the two days
To register, contact Ms. Terry Lu. The maximum number of attendees is 50. The deadline is 5:00pm, Sep 3, 2018.
About this program
2018 Workshop, conducted by Heart Health Research Center, is a joint venture between the George Institute, China and Cardio Union. It aims to enhance research capacity and capability of clinicians, to provide an opportunity for attendees to consult with our world-class course instructors about their own research projects, and to provide an opportunity for networking with research peers and internationally recognized experts in clinical research. All the sessions will be taught in English. But attendees are welcome to ask questions in Chinese.
Throughout the two-day program, attendees are strongly encouraged to take advantage of this workshop to move their own research projects forward. During all sessions, attendees are encouraged to ask questions related to their own research, to seek input on appropriate statistical methods for analysing their own study data, and to seek help on preparing their own research manuscripts.
A Certificate of Attendance will be presented to each participant at the end of the workshop.
Upon completion of the course, attendees are expected to gain solid working knowledge about designing and conducting clinical studies, performing basic data analysis, and publishing scientific findings:
- How to develop an effective research proposal
- How to design a study when resource is limited for data collection
- How to deal with missing data efficiently without compromising validity
- How to develop and assess risk prediction models
- How to perform economic data analysis
- How to effectively present your findings in a manuscript
- Professor Craig Anderson. Executive Director at The George Institute China and Professors of Neurology and Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, UNSW Sydney
- Professor Xin Du. Chief Physician in Cardiology at Anzhen Hospital
- Professor Laurent Billot. Director of the Statistics Division at the George Institute for Global Health.
- Professor Jinbo Chen. Professor of Biostatistics, Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Informatics, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- Professor Tom Robinson. Head of Department and Professor of Stroke Medicine, University of Leicester/ NIHR Senior Investigator
- Professor Hisatomi Arima. Head of the Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Fukuoka University, Japan
- Professor Stephen Jan. Head of the Health Economics and Process Evaluation Program at the George Institute for Global Health and Conjoint Professor of UNSW Sydney
Full set of course notes.
Morning tea, Lunch and afternoon tea will be provided each day.