Cardiovascular Combination Pharmacotherapy Global Summit
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
The polypill concept has generated widespread global interest among patients, physicians, policy makers and funding bodies. However, in the first decade since the concept became widely publicized there have been few completed clinical trials and very few products that have reached the market.
This situation is set to change in the next few years, with a number of major trials completing and several polypill formulations being reviewed by regulatory authorities across the globe.
In order to review key issues regarding regulatory approval, and other major issues such as cost-effectiveness, implementation and research priorities, we are convening the 2nd Cardiovascular Combination Pharmacotherapy Global Summit, to be held in Melbourne, Australia on May 8th, 2014.
The Organizing Committee for the 2014 Polypill Summit includes:
- Anthony Rodgers, Ruth Webster and Anushka Patel, The George Institute
- Salim Yusuf, Koon Teo and Tara McCready, Population Health Research Institute (PHRI)
- Shanthi Mendis, World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Richard Smith, Ovations Chronic Disease Initiative
- Sidney Smith, World Heart Federation
- Valentin Fuster, Mount Sinai
- Guiseppe Mancia, European Society of Hypertension
- Andrew Tonkin, Monash University
- Vanessa Selak and Natasha Rafter, National Institute of Health Innovation
|The George Institute for Global Health|
|Heart Foundation of Australia|
|Heart Foundation of New Zealand|
|World Heart Federation|
For further information or to RSVP for this event please contact Dr Ruth Webster by email or by phone on +61 2 9993 4557.