Systematic Review Data Analyst/Scientist
Context and Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a person keen on developing a career in the field of evidence synthesis. The role offers a prospect of working on large number of evidence synthesis projects, particularly in the area of cardiovascular diseases, in collaboration with some of the world’s leading cardiovascular disease researchers, clinicians and academic partners. This role is expected to contribute and build the capacity of the organization in the field of evidence synthesis.
Reporting Relationships; Directly reports to Senior Res
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Author statistical analysis plans for systematic reviews
- Prepare data extraction forms
- Database management for large systematic reviews (thousands of trials, hundreds of variables per trial)
- Prepare derived datasets for analysis
- Program and validate statistical analysis
- Perform statistical analysis related to systematic reviews – meta-analysis, network meta-analysis, meta-regression, Bayesian meta-analysis etc.
- Create publication quality graphs/figures and tables
- Assist with conducting systematic reviews - screening of references, data extraction and risk of bias assessment of included studies
- Develop budget estimate for evidence synthesis projects
- Assist in writing reports and publication manuscripts
- Assist in writing research proposals for funding
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualifications: Doctoral/Masters degree in statistics or epidemiology or public health is desirable
- Experience of minimum 3 year in systematic reviews is essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of appropriate systematic review and meta-analysis software e.g. SAS/STATA/R.
- Demonstrated capability to produce outcomes and achieve objectives within agreed time periods;
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and proven strategic thinking;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, with ability to influence others to achieve common goals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English and the ability to work well autonomously;
- Excellent team-work[/leadership] skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and to be adaptable to changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments;
- Strong focus on producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs;
- Well organised and efficient, with the capacity to work under pressure;
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details, clearly mentioning the job title in the subject line to email@example.com by the 31 March 2019.